Monday, September 6, 2010

My Fantasy Football Team

At first glance, my fantasy football team was a power house - in spite of me getting to the draft 30 minutes late.  When I got there, my pre-draft rankings had already helped me automatically draft Drew Brees, Larry Fitzgerald, Vernon Davis, and Jermichael Finley.  Being late actually put me at a disadvantage though because I didn't get to settle into the process like I would have liked to.

I ended up drafting Sidney Rice and Santonio Holmes as a stater and backup respectively, but didn't realize that both of them were injured.  So, I had to pick up new free agents to replace them:  Kevin Boss and Josh Morgan.  I also moved a player out and picked up Correll Buckhalter.  These new players aren't probably on many people's fantasy teams, but here I am with them.  Hopefully I can trade Boss since I don't need 4 tight ends on my team and I also have Anthony Fasano of Notre Dame.

I was late picking up running backs, mostly an affect of drafting later in the first 2 rounds, but I did end up with decent picks:  Marion Barber and Pierre Thomas.  I also have Kevin Smith of Detroit, who could do well if that passing game and offensive line do well, and LaDanian Tomlinson of the Jets.

Here is a full listing of my team:

Starters
QB - Drew Brees
RB - Marion Barber
RB - Pierre Thomas
RB - LaDanian Tomlinson
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR - Joshua Cribbs
TE - Vernon Davis
TE - Jermichael Finley
D - Ravens
K - Janikowski

Other Bench Players
QB - Eli Manning
RB - Kevin Smith
RB - Correll Buckhalter
WR - Josh Morgon
TE - Anthony Fasano
TE - Kevin Boss
D - Tennessee

So, I have some very clear weaknesses:

1.  I'm too heavy at Tight End.
2.  I'm very weak at Wide Receiver (unless Cribbs blows up).
3.  Running back is iffy since Barber has to split time and Tomlinson - who knows?

My obvious strengths are:

1.  QB
2.  Fitzgerald
3.  Vernon Davis and Jermichael Finley are 2 of the top 5 TE's in the NFL.
4.  Janikowski is the only kicker that was a 1st round pick.
5.  Ravens and Titans defenses are strong.
6.  If my running backs hit, I'll be hard to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment