Saturday, September 4, 2010

Thank God for College Football!

It's the opening weekend of College Football and I've spent all morning watching ESPN College Gameday and a variety of games.  I watched some of the Michigan State and Penn State games, and I've flipped thru other games.  But, my favorite team plays their 1st game of the season in just a few minutes!  NOTRE DAME.



My friends often ask me why I like Notre Dame so much.  I live in Texas, so why am I not a Longhorn fan?  Answer:  I am a Longhorn fan - a huge Longhorn fan.  And I'm asked why I don't follow UNT since I graduated from there - Really???

The truth is that I've like Notre Dame for as long as I can remember, but as I've gotten older, I've really come to love the Irish.  Tradition is the best part of college football (other than winning).  Does anyone really have a more rich history and football tradition than The University of Notre Dame?  I don't think so.  And while winning has been scarce in recent years, Notre Dame has it's share of national championships.  You know what else?  Notre Dame is God's team too.  I don't have what it takes to go against God.

There's Touchdown Jesus, Joe Montana, Tim Brown, Knute Rockne, Rocket Ismael, (more recently - Golden Tate), Jerome Bettis, Lou Holts, "Play Like a Champion Today", Gold dust in the freshly painted helmets, Rudy, "The Gipper", Hornung, 29 Bowl Games, 7 Heismans, and on and on and on.

So anyways, it goes without saying that I'm super excited about the opening weekend of college football.  Go Irish!  Thank God for College Football!

No comments:

Post a Comment